Brighton's school lottery

The lottery for school places that Brighton & Hove Council has initiated is hopefully a little more complicated than the headline which is all I've read of the story. (BBC News)

My reason for posting, other than the fact that I am Brightonian and so it seems necessary, is that I went to school in Brighton & Hove and from conversations with others who went to other schools in the city there seems little point fighting for school places. Where I grew up there were three schools for 11 to 16 year olds and all were rubbish.

Take a look at the website to get a feel for how seriously Hove Park, my school, takes the serious study of academic subjects: Hove Park School. I mean seriously. Compare that with the serious, sensible and relevant website of the best University in the area (the University of Sussex). The school is supposed to be supplying competent and educated students to that University — what chance of that?


Click Here to shop at eBay.co.uk

Popular Posts